Our Mental Health Support Team (MHST) offer a number of different workshops to children, young people, parents and school staff in Westminster Schools.
As part of the Whole School Approach our team offers interventions and support in order to promote mental health prevention, identification, early support and referrals for further support if required.
We tailor our work individually to schools’ needs.
Here are some examples of workshops we deliver to Primary schools:
- Managing emotions
- Healthy body
- Healthy mind
- The importance of sleep hygiene,
- Diet and exercise,
- Introduction to mental health,
- Transitions – how to manage change and anxiety during life changes
Examples of workshops for Secondary schools:
- Exam stress
- Bullying and cyberbullying
- Social media and the impact on mental health
- What is resilience
We also offer workshops for parents and carers as well as the school staff.
- Better understanding of mental health
- Practical tools and understanding of how to look after your own mental health and wellbeing
- Improved understanding, and ability to access mental health services, professionals and what support is available
- Increased confidence in having conversations about mental health